Sunday 16 September 2012

Au Revoir

A lesson well learnt in life,
is the purpose of one's existence.
Dreams, wealth, power and love..
a heady rat race that doesn't halt.
It holds no regard in the other realm,
a realm you chose to transcend to.
Bidding to us an abrupt adieu,
and to this abysmal conundrum around.
Leaving a gaping void in the hearts of many,
that no worldly joy can fill.
A bottomless cup with a deceiving brim;
made us believe, loved ones stay forever.
Well, you proved us wrong!
A harsh reality check, life's true value.
In every step of life, you will be missed.
A part of you, the lesson you taught;
shall remain as a constant beacon.
Of sheer innocence and purity of soul
and mostly the joy of being alive.
Until, like you, its our turn to transcend.
Au revoir my love, my friend, au revoir!

This is post dedicated to my best friend whose tragic demise, shook my very core and made me realize, how important it is to be alive and to be thankful for it!
You will always remain in my heart. May your soul rest in peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment