Wednesday 26 September 2012

Trust- The Vanquished Warrior

'Relations are built on trust' a thought of gold, but somehow most difficult to practice. In the days where truth takes a backseat, blatant swindling forms an obvious trait, turning tables turns to an uncanny knack and people lose their morals at the drop of a hat! 
It is truly disheartening to watch as the curtains of mistrust close down upon us, wrecking the frail bonds between us. Be it among family, work, love or even on the street! People are suspicious of everything. I contemplated this midway in a rather accusatory conversation with my friend's mother who made me swear on almighty to answer her truthfully! Swearing? I wondered where did this abysmal practice even start! Its not like a secret vow 'scroll' is being prepared upstairs! Even more so, I bet God 'Face-palms' whenever he is mentioned in a so called covenant! So that brings me back to the major trust issues people have.. well, including myself! I used to believe in the policy 'Ignorance is bliss' but that flawed policy holds good only if stayed ignorant till death! Otherwise you just end up feeling stupid. Something even harder than trusting is regaining a lost trust, which might just take a lifetime! 
These banal failures of faith in people impel me to reckon it as a fallen soldier, who fights to prevail every time but falls back miserably. Makes me want to wish the world was filled with 'Honest Abes' and 'Gandhi jis' so that there was no room for suspicion and people like me don't have to mull over retard issues like this! Although in reality, this might be remotely possible if each one of us start being truthful, atleast little by little.. and perhaps we can make this a world a better place (not a line from a song!)





3 comments:

  1. No prizes to guessing who made you swear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha all of us have gone through that haven't we!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no such thing as regaining lost trust !!
    its like a mirror pure and clear once broken even if u put it back together the image will always be distorted ( im an mj fan to !! HI5 ) :P

    ReplyDelete