Friday 3 August 2012

Never Too Old For Cartoons!

It happened about 6 years ago, on a  dull summer night, I sneaked out of my bedroom.. It was way past my bed time (10:45  pm) my movements were almost torpid.. Damn! This addiction has got to stop! I thought to myself as I descended the stairs, switched on the TV and immediately put it to mute to avoid any attention.. I quickly flickered through the channels; my mind wandering off  to sleep already.. until I finally got to what I was looking for, about 20 blissful minutes, I relished the previously missed episode of 'Avatar : The last Airbender' on Nikelodeon. This is too good to be true! I said happily to myself.. but alas! like all the good things in life.. this too came to an end.. my dear angry bird mom rushed down stairs.. and well.. the following events are sort of blurred in my memory.. there was definitely a scary tirade (included lots of wing flapping and pecking) as it turned out I had my 10th preparatory exams the next day (who studies for preparatory exams anyways?!) I vaguely remember her yelling 'Aren't you too old for these silly cartoons!!?' and that, got me thinking...
Six years later, when I was downloading an episode of 'Phineas and Ferb' my mother asked me the very same question.. with a hint of sympathy in her voice (probably thinking I'll be alone for the rest of my life!) .. and I turned to her and confidently said 'No mom, cartoons are not just meant for kids, they have an amazing story line and they remind me of the finer nuances that make up a happy childhood. The innocent joy we derive from it,  is priceless! So mom, I doubt I would ever get too old for cartoons!' To that heartfelt assertion of mine.. well she slept through it I guess, she simply walked away. As I sat there beaming at my words, I wondered what would be my opinion about cartoons, say a decade from now.. I definitely reckon it would be the same!


4 comments:

  1. Tell me about it...Dexter's lab is my pick of the lot. What's yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah dexter's lab is my all time fav! others include pokemon, dragonball z, spongebob, avatar, cat dog.. I just realised.. the list is endless!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see some anime n cartoon fans here!:):p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will be surprised there a loads of them :)

      Delete